Japan Tobacco International (JTI) Job Recruitment & How To Apply
Application form for Japan Tobacco International (JTI) Job Recruitment is now out online for young graduates that are currently unemployed, see details about how to apply below.
Japan Tobacco International (JTI) is a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. Our 45,000 people come from all over the world, representing more than 100 nationalities. We market world-renowned brands in more than 130 countries with 409 offices, 29 factories, and 8 research & development centers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Affairs Manager
Job ID: 23358
Location: Victoria Island
Professional area: Corporate Affairs & Communications
Contract type: Permanent
Professional level: Experienced
Reporting to the Corporate Affairs & Communication Director West Africa, the CA Manager is responsible for implementing the cluster’s Corporate Affairs & Communication strategy for:
- Regulatory Monitoring
- Stakeholder Engagament
- Government relations
- Corporate and Media Communication
Main Areas Of Responsibility
- Anticipates and monitors developments of tobacco-control and fiscal policy developments such as excise tax. Provide a basic assessment of their potential implications.
- Pro-actively highlights issues to the Corporate Affairs & Communications (CA&C) Manager such that anticipated challenges are addressed in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains up to date stakeholder maps used to implement pre-determined CAC strategies.
- Represents JTI at local trade, business association meetings and industry programmes. Ensures that JTI’s views and positions are well represented.
- Active engagement with officials of relevant Ministries, Agencies & Departments (MDAs) to drive opportunities where JTI’s positions and solutions can be effectively presented towards a reasonable and feasible regulatory environment.
Media and Corporate Communications:
- Content development and production of JTI’s West Afrcia newsletter.
- Assists in preparing engagement tools such as talking points, press releases, presentations, background profiles etc
- Media monitoring: Daily scouring of reputable news sources, prepare and file relevant press clippings.
- Prepare weekly media coverage report highlighting relevant news reports over the period.
Localizing global/Regional Regulatory Initiatives:
- Assists in localizing and global/regional CA&C priorities in line with developing local strategies as and when required. The objective is to ensure the effective implementation and roll-out of global/regional initiatives and strategies in line with local market environment.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the CA&C Director WA
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor degree preferably in Media & Communication, Political Science, Law or Business Administration.
- Minimum 3 years managerial experience in Public Affairs or Corporate Affairs & Communications, preferably in a regulated FMCG industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Advanced Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel) is required.
- High level of adaptability to diverse and fast changing environments.
- High Level of general/current affairs Knowledge. Proven strong interpersonal skills, and a team player
- High level of relationship building. High level of cultural sensitivity , and sense of prudence
- High degree of tact and confidentiality
- Strong reporting, analytical and negotiating skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online